This week we sat down with Chris M. the newest member of our Green Coffee team.
Get to know Chris and give him a big welcome in this week's Inside Scoop.
1. What is your position at Rogers?
Green Coffee Specialist
2. How long have you been working for Rogers?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
Playing acoustic and electric guitar. I grew up listening to 1980s hard rock and I watched in awe at how fast and precise my favorite guitar players could play. So I took lessons for a year in classical to understand the basics before finally buying my first electric guitar. I never had aspirations to be a famous rock star but learning the guitar riffs of my favorite guitarists was something I always wanted to do.
4. Why do you enjoy it so much?
I enjoy learning a really difficult song and spending weeks and weeks on it until I can play it exactly how it was written.
5. What is the most interesting thing about you?
I played four years of Division 1 college football as a wide receiver at the University of Pacific and St. Mary's College.
6. If you have a hero, who is it?
My dad is my hero.
7. Why is this person your hero?
He was in the United States Marine Corps and served two tours in the Vietnam War. He taught me discipline, accountability and how to persevere through difficult times in life.
8. Finish this sentence – The best advice I ever received was…
"Embrace change because change is the only thing that never changes."
9. Scenario: You win the lottery. $300,000,000. What do you do?
Buy a ranch in Montana, watch a sporting event at every stadium in the country and take home a bunch of dogs from the dog shelter.
10. What is your favorite Rogers coffee?
The San Francisco Bay's French Roast is my favorite. It's all I've been drinking since I started working here.