Crockpot cooking is a simple way to streamline your evenings and move from work mode into family time mode.
The mom & daughter team at layersofhappiness.com have shared their secret family recipe for a hearty, rich spaghetti sauce and you are going to love it.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (1lb 8oz) jars Classico Four Cheese Marinara Sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- (optional) 2 Tablespoons coffee used grounds*
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs spaghetti
- In large, skillet, add the garlic and chopped onions and saute until the onions are softened and little bit golden. Next brown the Italian sausage and ground beef , breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon as you stir. You can make your meat in as big or as little chunks as you’d like. Drain excess fat.
- Place ground meat mixture into a slow cooker. Add all the cans of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, wine, brown sugar, coffee grounds, parsley, basil, salt, crushed red pepper, and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours or low for 6-10 hours.
- 30 minutes before sauce is ready, cook pasta. Feel free to cook only 1 lb of pasta and freeze the rest.
Layers Of Happiness